The Mauritius Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education Science and Technology is inviting application from eligible Nigerian students at Undergraduates, Masters and MPhil/PhD level in their Universities for the Academic year 2021 – 2022.
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route.
Mauritius Ministry of Education Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria Mauritius Ministry of Education Scholarships are three study level below;
- Applicants for the must be African Union member countries.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2021.
1. Undergraduate programmes:
Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
2. Master’s programmes:
Applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
3. PhD programmes:
Applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
The Government of Mauritius Scholarship Program 2021/22 will contribute to;
- The students’ full tuition fees.
- Living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Welfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
Application Procedures For Mauritius Ministry of Education Scholarships:-
• The application form can be downloaded from the following website:
• All applicants must have applied for at least one full-time on-campus programme at a public Higher Education Institution (HEIs) of their choice (Listed under section 7).
• An application must be accompanied by: a conditional offer (letter of admission) from the applicants chosen Mauritius public HEIs;
• Additionally, an application for postgraduate programme must be accompanied by study/research plan and for MPhil/PhD, the name of the proposed supervisor(s) in Mauritius.
• All candidates must summit the fully completed application form and documents listed under section 6 as part of their application to Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja on or before 26th May, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates:-
- Must be Nigerian
- Age limit:-
– Undergraduate 18 – 25 years
– Masters – 35 years
– MPhil/PhD – 40 yrars
- Health certificate is important from a recognized government hospital
- Good WAEC results for Undergraduate with mostly As
- Masters and PhD minimum of second class upper (2:1)
- PhD applicants are required to contact potential Supervisors on the link/emails provided at section 8.3
For Further Inquires, please contact:
09082454557 or 08037264324