The Federal Government on Thursday said all outstanding payments of the N-Power beneficiaries have been made. About 14,000 beneficiaries of the Batches A and B who were exited last year were not paid their five months allowances.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, last year directed those affected to report to their various State Focal Persons for verification and re-validation.
The directive was given by the Minister as part of efforts to resolve unpaid stipends withheld due to discrepancies in records of the N-power beneficiaries.
The Ministry also stated that investigations conducted by the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) following the omission indicated that some beneficiaries were also getting salaries from other federal government MDAs.
However, speaking in Abuja during a workshop organised by the ministry on effective media reporting of the humanitarian sector, the minister said: “I don’t think we still have the issue of N-Power backlog.
We have sorted that out with the office of the Accountant General of the Federation.
“It has been a very tedious process but as at the last count, we have paid all the beneficiaries after the series of processes.“Now, we have moved to the Batch C.
Currently, the Ministry is about concluding the enrollment of 1,000,000 Batch-C applicants in two streams of 500,000 in the first instance and another 500,000 later.“
Also Read >>> FMHDSD Gives New Update About N-power Batches A B and C
For the Batch A and B, as you are aware, they have exited and they have been put into programme in partnership with the Central Bank of Nigeria for them to be engaged in meaningful employments”.