The purpose of the New Zealand International Student grant 2021 is to support new international students currently onshore in New Zealand to study at Victoria University of Wellington.
This International Student grant is available for all eligible students beginning their undergraduate or postgraduate studies in 2021.
Undergraduate students are eligible to receive a NZ$10,000 grant (equally disbursed over the first two years of study) and postgraduate students are eligible for a NZ$5,000 grant (for the first year of study).
- Applicants must be onshore in New Zealand and enrolling in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree on campus at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 1 or 2, 2021.
- The award will only apply to new students who have not previously been enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a pre-degree course (EPP of Foundation) at Victoria University of Wellington are not eligible for this award. Students who have previously completed a pre-degree course my apply.
- Applicants must be enrolling in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Students must be onshore in Wellington studying in person and on campus.
- Students studying online are not eligible.
- Applicants must be new students.
- Graduate Certificates, Postgraduate Certificates, PhD and EPP students are not eligible to apply.
There is no application procedure for the grant. Students will automatically receive the grant when they enrol at Victoria University of Wellington. For more information, please contact Wellington University International.
- The undergraduate student grant comprises NZ$5,000 for the first year of study, and a further NZ$5,000 for the second year upon re-enrolment. This is a total grant to the value of NZ$10,000.
- The postgraduate student grant is to the value of NZ$5,000 for the first year of study.
- All offers of the grant will be conditional upon a recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme of at least 120 points by the start of the trimester. No payment of the grant will be made until this condition has been met. The grant will be paid into the student’s account approximately five weeks after the start of the trimester.
- This grant cannot be held in conjunction with New Zealand International School leavers Grant 2021 (or the Wellington Region International School Leaver Grant).
Regulations and conditions:
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (‘full time’ will be at level of points considered by Studylink as full time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the Scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards with the exception of the New Zealand International School Leaver Grant 2021 and the Wellington Region International School Leaver Grant.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
For More Information Contact:
Scholarships and PhD Admissions Office
Phone 0800 04 04 04
For more updates Like our Facebook Page