The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) today announced that the Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) exercise will resume on Monday 28th June.
To ensure a successful rollout, the Commission has acquired all the required equipment and updated its registration software.
A total of 5,346 staff will be deployed to the 2,673 designated canters. The Continuous Voters Registration (CVR), which was suspended on 31st August 2018 because of preparations for the 2019 General Elections, will continue till August 2022.
The registration exercise will be for the following categories of Nigerians:
- Those who are 18 years and above and have not registered previously.
- Registered voters who have had any problem during accreditation for any past election, with either their Permanent Voters’ Cards or their fingerprints not being read by the Smart Card Reader.
- Registered voters who want to transfer their voting location from one place to another.
- Registered voters who want to correct issues with their data, such as misspelt names, dates of birth, etc.
- Registered voters whose PVCs are lost or damaged.
Online Voter’s Card Registration Steps:-
- Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org.
- Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process.
- Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration.
- Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre-registration.
- Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information.
- After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration canter for biometric capture to complete his/her registration.
- The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre-registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated.
- Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details.
- Visit an INEC registration canter on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture.
- A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters’ Card (PVC).
Also Read >>> NYSC Batch A Online Registration Guidelines