The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2021.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarships to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP.
Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Scholarships Application Instructions:
- In order to apply for the scholarships, you MUST have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster
- Parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank
- Statements, pay slips and loan documents.
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarships.
- Only prospective students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Do not apply for funding if you or your parents, guardian or foster parents can afford the full tuition fees.
- All the information provided must be accurate and true.
- Any falsification of Information on the application form may result in disqualification from consideration for a scholarships.
Scholarships Program Will Cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
Closing Dates For Application:
- Applications to study at the UP open on 1 March 2021 and close on 31 August 2021.
- Applications for the MCFSP open on 1 May 2021 and close on 31 October 2021.
Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program, which is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success.
Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
How To Apply For MasterCard Scholarships Program;
Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online at www.up.ac.za/apply