The University of Malaya (UM) (Malay: Universiti Malaya) is a public research university located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is the oldest and highest ranking Malaysian institution of higher education according to two international ranking agencies.
The university has graduated three prime ministers of Malaysia, and other political, business, and cultural figures of national prominence.
University of Malaya international awards in Malaysia is open for Domestic Students and International Students.
The scholarship allows Masters, PhD level programme in the field of All Subjects taught at Universiti Malaya.
This scheme is open to local and international postgraduate candidates enrolled in Masters (full research) or Doctorate programme at Universiti Malaya (UM).
- Applicants must have been offered as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) by UM for a period of at least four (4) months for the applied semester (to apply for GRA, go to https://ra-recruitment.um.edu.my/)
- Applicants must not be sponsored by any federal/state/statutory body or any other organisation.
- Applicants must be free from any debt / outstanding fees with UM.
- Applicants must be within the Graduate on Time (GOT) period of candidature at the time of application, i.e.:
- For Masters programmes – 5th semester and below
- For Doctorate programmes – 7th semester and below
* The candidate’s Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) must still be active.
- Applications must be submitted online via maya.um.edu.my http://maya.um.edu.my Scholarship. Applications submitted in hard copy format will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to upload their previous and latest Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) offer letter in the online application system. The GRA offer letter must have been issued by the Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP), Universiti Malaya (https://umresearch.um.edu.my/).
- Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
The deadline of the scholarship is 31 Aug 2021.
Applicants are only allowed to submit their application once for a particular semester and must ensure that the online application form is duly completed together with the required supplementing documents. Incomplete applications or applications with fraudulent documents will be rejected and any appeal will not be entertained. Please take note that the decision on selection of candidates for this scheme is final.
For more information about University of Malaya International Awards In Malaysia visit: https://aasc.um.edu.my
For More Updates Like Our Facebook Page