Usman Danfodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK) Software Development Competition – Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto (UDUSOK) hereby announces a Software Competition Application.
The Usman Danfodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK) software competition which include web and mobile apps development aimed at developing indigenous innovative Social Media Applications Platform in Nigeria. Through this event, the University aims to harness the talent within its community to develop applications that allow for comprehensive social networking and content sharing among users. Other aspects to be addressed by the applications include but are not limited to:
- Mitigation of the spread of fake news.
- Development of innovative features to support education.
- Promotion of collaboration among users.
- Promote competition and entrepreneurship among students and the larger community
- Promote good product development
- Raise awareness
HOW TO ENTER
Interested contestants must register for the competition on the University webpage by creating an account and submitting their proposal between 12/07/2021 and 29/07/2021. Registrants will receive an email, which they must use to verify thier account. Once registered, participants may enter their submissions via the Submit Application tab.
Registration portal closes on the 26/07/2021
Submissions will be judged on the following three criteria:
- Quality of the idea (including creativity and originality) (10 points);
- Implementation of the idea (including user experience, design and performance) (15 points);
- Potential impact on any or all of the competition objectives (2 points per objectives met. Total points).
- The competition period begins on Monday, 12/07/2021 at 12:00 a.m. and ends on Wednesday, 29/09/2021 at 12:00 a.m.
- Submissions may be Web App or Mobile App.
- Contestants must register for the competition, complete and submit the application form.
- Shortlisted teams/contestants will be invited to make presentation of the systems to the panel of judges.
- Winners will be announced on Thursday 30/09/2021 at 12:00 p.m.
Applications will be selected and awarded for the following categories:
- Best App for Developmnt Awards (First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize and 3 Honourable Mentions).
- Popular Choice Award
- Vice Chancellor’s Recognition Award
Also Read >>> Apply For Sokoto Youth Agric Scheme Programme 2021
ONLINE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Each contestant will be required to provide the following as part of their entry (“Submission”):
- A link to the Application
- A video of the Application
- A text description of the Application
- At least one photograph of the working software Application
- Electronic acknowledgement through the website that the entrant(s) have read and agreed to be bound by the Official Rules
- Submissions must be original software applications solely owned by the entrant(s)
- Submissions must be free of indecency, defamation, violence, pornography, hatred, inciting violence or violation of legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
Also Read >>> NIMC Launched Mobile App To Improve NIN Slip
How To Apply
Interested and Qualified Applicants Should Click udusok.edu.ng To Apply
For More information visit Usman Danfodio University Sokoto UDUSOK Portal https://www.udusok.ed.ng
To Get More Updates:-