Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship – The agency-nominated Master programme is one of three Master’s programmes offered by the Commission.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Intended Beneficiaries: Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from eligible lower and upper middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
These scholarships are offered under six CSC Development
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
1. Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible.
3. Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
3. Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country..
4. Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022.
5. By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study.
6. Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship..
7Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
Also Read >>> United Kingdom UK Government Chevening Scholarship
Please note that only candidates from the eligible countries listed below can apply for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in 2022.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Gambia
How To Apply?
Interested and Qualified Applicants should apply online via COMMONWEALTH MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIPS PORTAL
Applications for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for the academic year 2022/23 are now open, and will close on 1 November 2021.
Applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 1 November 2021. References must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 22 November 2021. The nomination deadline is 22 December 2021.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
All enquiries about these scholarships should be directed to your nominating body.
For any questions relating to the Commonwealth Masters scholarship programme 2022, please visit the FAQs page.
For general enquiries about applying for Commonwealth Scholarships or Fellowships; please use the Contact us form instead.
Note: The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.