Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria is a national startup competition in partnership with the National Information Technology Development Agency that identifies and accelerates the top startups in Nigeria while connecting them to the MassChallenge global network.
The program is focused on supporting early-stage startups across all industries that are based in Nigeria and interested in growing their business in the Nigerian market.
Who We Are:
Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria will identify and accelerate top startups that are based in Nigeria and interested in growing their business in the Nigerian market. Startups selected for the program will participate in a week-long MassChallenge-led startup bootcamp followed by a pitch competition that will determine the top Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria startups.
The top startups will participate in a second week-long bootcamp where they’ll have access to the MassChallenge Boston or Israeli ecosystem. Applications for eligible startups are now open and will close on October 15, 2021.
This program targets innovative startups operating across all industries. Startups looking to apply must be operating and based in Nigeria. The program also aims to create a robust ecosystem to promote accountability and continuous quality improvement.
Who Can Participate?
We look for entrepreneurs who want to take their businesses to the next level.
We accept applications from early-stage and growth-stage startups from all over Nigeria from any industry. We’re looking for Nigerian startups who want to grow locally while having global access to the MassChallenge network.
- Demonstrate product/market fit.
- Have a skilled and experienced team.
- Are located in Nigeria and aspire to grow and scale within the Nigerian ecosystem
- Have raised less than ~$1M in equity-based funding and generated less than ~$2M in revenue in the last 12 months
What’s in it for startups?
Top startups will be selected to participate in an intensive, 4-month program that encompasses both online and in-person portions where startups develop and implement bespoke project plans to further their localization journeys.
Startups will also receive:
- Tailored mentoring and coaching offered by NITDA and other local mentors, local and global mentors of the MassChallenge network and the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Tailored curriculum based on startups’ specific needs.
- Investment opportunities by facilitating connections to investors and a private demo-day.
- Access to the MassChallenge global network.
Also Read >>> Apply For Startup Development (s4dev) Program Nigeria
How To Apply:
- Apply to the program here
- Create your entrepreneur profile (choose “B2MC Nigeria” for “Program of Interest”)
- Check your inbox and activate your account
- Create a new startup
- Apply to the B2MC Nigeria program
- Complete and submit your application
If you have any questions regarding the application please reach out to B2MCNigeria@masschallenge.org
About Bridge to MassChallenge:
Bridge to MassChallenge strengthens innovation ecosystems and drives the creation of high-quality jobs by supporting entrepreneurs and connecting them to MassChallenge’s global network.
The program collaborates with local entities to understand the potential and strategic value of their unique ecosystem, empowers them to build their own innovation communities, and connects them to global markets.
MassChallenge is a global network of zero-equity startup accelerators. Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland and Texas, MassChallenge is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by supporting high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world.
To date, more than 2,300 MassChallenge alumni have raised more than $5 billion in funding, generated more than $2.7 billion in revenue and created more than 136,000 total jobs. Learn more about MassChallenge at masschallenge.org