Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered in partnership with select UK universities.
Purpose: Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Also Read >>> Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2021 – How To Apply
Intended beneficiaries: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time Master’s study on selected courses at a UK university.
These scholarships are offered under six development themes.
How To Apply For Commonwealth Shared Scholarships;
You must apply for your scholarships to be tenable at one of the following approved courses at a participating UK university.
You can apply for more than one course and to more than one university through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarships. Note these awards are only for Master’s courses and not for undergraduate or PhD study.
You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Shared Scholarship. Please check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements and rules for applying.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
Applications for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023 are now open.
Applications will close at 16:00 (GMT) on 20 December 2021.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
Supporting Documentation For Commonwealth Shared Scholarships;
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by the closing date to be eligible for consideration:
1. Proof that you are a citizen or have refugee status of an eligible Commonwealth country: a copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship uploaded to the online application system.
2. Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
You must also provide the names and contact details three referees who will be contacted in advance of the placement stage, should your application be under consideration for a scholarships.
Please note that the CSC does not charge candidates to apply for any of its scholarships or fellowships through its online application system, and it does not charge organisations to nominate candidates.
Also Read >>> Commonwealth Foundation Grants Program 2021-2022
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022.
- By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country.
- Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship.
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
Please note that only candidates from the 23 eligible countries listed below can apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2022.
Papua New Guinea
Also Read >>> Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2021 – How To Apply
All enquiries about nomination for scholarships should be directed to your UK university.
For more information on other scholarships offered by the CSC, visit the CSC Scholarships page.
For general enquiries about applying for Commonwealth Scholarships or Fellowships, please use the Contact us form.